Diarrhea is something that is normal and most healthy adult have faced Diarrhea once or twice in their life time.
After all, Diarrhea is simply passing of very loose, water type stool.
However, when it is chronic then it is surely something that you should consult a doctor with. You don’t want it getting repeated over and over.
Also, for smaller children or aged person – taking risk with Diarrhea is unwise and can lead to serious health issues. In cases like this, visiting a doctor as soon as possible is the best thing to do.
For most healthy people, here are some foods that can cure Diarrhea.
1) Water – Your body loses liquid pretty quickly when you suffer from Diarrhea. This is where drinking water becomes absolutely important.
Just make sure to drink clear water – avoid sodas or cold drink – just plain water. You can mix a pinch of sugar and salt to the water as your body need it.
2) Coconut Water
Coconut water helps keep the stomach calm, thus it make it easy and lowers the burning feeling in the stomach and the intestines.
Coconut water contains Carbohydrates, Electrolytes in addition to potassium, sodium and magnesium which are lost during several discharges of liquid like stool.
3) Bananas – Bananas are best for diarrhea. The raw one is even better – cook it with a bit of potato and make it like a soup. Make it clean with less or no spices.
It contains Potassium which runs low in the body because of vomiting and liquid stool. It is also a binding food.
4) Rice – Plain white rice is great for diarrhea because it is low in fiber, easy to digest and does the binding of stool.
5) Toast – Toast is another simple to make food as it is pretty much ready-made – and does good binding work.
6) Potatoes – You wouldn’t find a lot of health experts suggesting you to eat potato often; however there’s something special about the baked potato as it is rich in potassium – just make sure to remove its skin before eating.
7) Vegetable Soup – Boiled vegetables are great, try making a soup to make it tasty.
Carrots, beets, mushrooms etc. are good to start with.
Blueberries are great for stomach as they contain anti-oxidants. Blueberry soup is good for diarrhea.
9) Yogurt – Probiotics are always healthy for our body as they are the good bacteria. They will fight for you, when you eat yogurt these bacteria go inside your intestines and fight off the bad ones – thus curing and protecting you against diarrhea.
10) Cooked Apple – Apple contains pectin, however it also contain high fiber making digestion difficult for the intestines. But you can always cook it and make things easy and keep the healthy part intact.
Whatever you do, just make sure to keep drinking enough water. The signal is in your urine, if your urine isn’t clear – that means you aren’t drinking enough water. Additionally, take rest. Give your body the time to heal.
Please Note: Make sure to visit your doctor before applying any of these tips.