Hemp is a very useful plant and grows all over the world its seeds are more beneficial. There are many uses of hemp plant like food, textiles, construction materials, fuel, plastic, animal bedding and many more. Peoples use Hemp and hemp seed from thousands of years for many purposes they use as medicine and dietary supplement and also for its availability, versatility, sustainability and health benefit. Hemp seeds are most nutritious seed of the world.
If you are looking to improve metabolism, digestion and balance hormones, then hemp seed is super food for you. Hemp seeds are rich in protein and contain 9 essential amino acids. It contains omega – 3 and omega 6 fatty acid and other nutrition like magnesium, zinc, calcium, iron, phosphorus, potassium and fiber. We can eat hemp seed in many ways it can be eaten raw, roasted and cooked. Oil of hemp seed is also very beneficial and used as medicines.
Here are some health benefits of hemp seeds
- Hormones – Hemp seed contain gamma linoleic which regulate the hormones of pancreas and thyroid, symptoms like menopausal symptoms, depression, mood swings and anxiety comes from hormonal imbalance hemp seed reduce these type of symptoms. It also helps to regulate the hormones which effect hunger and weight gain and re-balance your hormones. Prostaglandins hormone helps the body function smoothly. It control body temperature and inflammation, and benefit for other body functions. Hemp seed contain GLA which is necessary for building block for prostaglandins, and researchers study that GLA supplement food is good for hormone health.
- Prevent risk of heart diseases – Eating hemp seed may decrease the risk of heart diseases. It contain massive amount of amino acid arginine and it is used to produce nitric oxide in our body. Nitric oxide helps to make the blood vessels relax and dilate, and also normalize blood pressure and lowering the heart diseases. Gamma – linolenic are found in hemp seeds helps to cure inflammation and reduce the risk of heart diseases. According to many studies are shown that hemp seed and hemp oil can decrease blood pressure and reduce risk of blood clot formation.
- Fight against cancer – Hemp seeds and its seed oil contain certain quantity of phenolic compound which is a powerful antioxidant and it can prevent many types of cancer via eliminating free radicals. Free radicals can damage cells by changing their DNA into cancer cell. Consuming hemp seeds can boost your phenolic compound and prevents from various types of cancer. By the study of American cancer society that GLA content diet can help to fight against cancer. Hemp seeds are loaded with antioxidant and sterols it can decrease the risk of colon, prostate and breast cancer. According to cancer report by British journal that THC found in hemp seeds can stop glioblastoma multiforme (Brain cancer).
- Cure skin diseases – Eating hemp seeds in your diet it helps improve your skin health, applying hemp seed oil in your skin repair skin cell damage because of sun exposure. It can cure skin dryness, rashes and itching. Hemp seeds and oil both can relief in eczema disease. Anti-inflammatory as well as omega-6 helps to remove the eczema symptoms and also, maintain digestive function and remove allergy and toxic from body. Hemp seeds oil are used in cosmetic products also like soap, skin lotion and lip balm because hemp oil enters into skin layer and growth cell of skin and give softer and smoother skin. Some studies have shown that hemp oil give relief in eczema problems and develop blood level of fatty acid.
- Weight loss – Hemp seeds are low in calorie and sodium, and it is full of protein, so we can eat it in large amount without any worry of gaining weight. Protein keeps your stomach full because all amino acid present in protein, thereby it stops the release of ghrelin and prevents hunger pains. This decrease the chance of overeating and weight gain also, fiber makes stomach feel full and encourage good digestion and fast passage of intestine, which can lose weight and increase adsorption of nutrient. Hemp seed is a natural appetite suppressant and makes your body feel full. Taking 3-4 tablespoon of hemp seeds in your diet may reduce your food carving significant.
- Diabetes – Hemp seeds may reduce the risk of diabetes, it can control the sugar level of body because its fat absorb the glucose from bloodstream and convert it into energy, and increase your energy level. It contains fatty acid which regulate your blood sugar.
- Digestive Health – Hemp seed is a rich source of dietary fiber, soluble and insoluble. The insoluble fiber is good for easing the passage within your digestive tract and bulk up stool, and decreases the symptoms like constipation and diarrhea. Soluble fiber is good for increasing the gastric and digestive juices and it slow down glucose adsorption, which ease the passage of bowels. Soluble fiber also increases the bile juice, which reduce the amount of bad cholesterol in the body.
- Good for brain health – Hemp seeds contain lecithin and fatty acids are beneficial for brain health. Specially, they help lowering brain inflammation, nourish and reconnect neurons, thereby, stop brain deterioration and brain fog other than increase brain performance. It contains vitamin E which is good for brain health, lack of vitamin E cause brain diseases. Vitamin E gives essential antioxidant effects for fatty acid and benefit for cardiovascular health.
So, countless benefit of hemp seed makes them a popular food in the world. Hemp plant used to make over 20,000 different products like paper, paint, bio-fuel etc. Hemp plant originates from Asia and then spread all over the world. Chinese use hemp plant to treat various diseases. Eating hemp seeds is completely safe and there are no any side effects. But, always keep in mind that too much of anything is not good for health, so always remember that eating in abundant amount is good for your health. After understanding the all benefit of hemp seeds, you should take care of your health and start eating hemp seeds.